Triple Eight Distillery Notch 15 Year American Single Malt Whisky
Age: 15 Year
Proof: 96 Proof
Sourced: Distilled, aged and bottled on Nantucket by Triple Eight Distillery
Tasting Notes: The Notch 15 Year features appealing rich sherry cask aromas elegantly echoed on the palate to reveal an abundance of rounded, stewed, and dried fruit. Engagingly robust with upfront dark chocolate and vanilla balanced with drizzled honey, coconut and spicy highlights.
About the Product: Located on Nantucket island, next to Cisco Brewers, is Triple Eight Distillery, which has been making a single malt whisky called, The Notch, for over two decades.
The Notch is made with 100% Maris Otter malt, a heritage barley cross-bred in 1966 and a longtime favorite in cask ale production due to its distinctive flavor and high quality. The grain is milled, mashed and fermented on property at Cisco Brewers, before being transferred next door to Triple Eight Distillery where it is distilled twice through an Arnold Holstein hybrid pot still. Following distillation, Triple Eight Distillery takes advantage of the island’s unique Maritime climate allowing the ocean breeze to mature our spirits until it is hand bottled on Nantucket.
Since its first release in 2008, The Notch has been recognized as one of the world’s finest whiskies. The fifteen year old expression of The Notch continues it's journey with the addition of casks from the Sherry Triangle that previously held Pedro Ximénez, a sweet fortified Spanish wine. The barrels imparts hints of dried fruits and nuts to complement the stone fruits and honey expressed in the malt. It amplifies an already lovely mouthfeel and lingering finish.
- 96 points awarded by the International Wine and Spirit Competition 2023
- Best Small Batch American Single Malt awarded by the World Whiskies Awards 2023
- Gold awarded by the International Spirit Challenge 2023
- Best in Class awarded by the San Francisco World Spirit Competition 2022
- Double Gold awarded by the San Francisco World Spirit Competition 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Platinum awarded by the San Francisco World Spirit Competition 2021, 2022, 2023
- Best American Single Malt awarded by the World Whiskies Awards 2020
- Best in Class (Trophy) awarded by the San Francisco World Spirit Competition 2020
- For a complete list of awards and more information go to TripleEightDistillery.com