Kings County Distillery Peated Bourbon
All orders before December 14th are guaranteed by Christmas
Age: Minimum of 1-Year
Proof: 90 Proof
Mash Bill: 70/15/15 New York State Organic Corn/ Peated Scottish Barley/ Unpeated Scottish Barley
Bottle Size: 750 ml
A peated bourbon may sound like a misprint to some. The smokey malt made famous by Scotch has made its way into bourbon. Bourbon has to be at least 51% corn. There is no law stipulating the contents of the other 49% (as long as it's a grain). Kings County nailed this one! I'm not a huge fan of smoked whiskeys but this one had a beautiful balance. It wasn't over smoked. The bourbon note still shined through and played well with the smokiness from the peat.
About Kings County Distillery
Kings County Distillery is New York City’s oldest operating whiskey distillery, the first since Prohibition. Founded in 2010, Kings County uses New York grain and traditional distilling equipment to produce whiskey in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, just steps from the former waterfront distillery district and the legendary site of the 1860s Brooklyn Whiskey Wars. Every drop the distillery sells is made in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.