13th Colony Single Barrel Bourbon & Rye|
Notes For The Release:
- Limit 1 per person per bottle. These will sellout almost immediately and we understand that can be frustrating! But, this is also why we release great barrel picks each week. If you miss out, don't worry. There's more to come.
- The product pages are live but inventory will be added 3 PM EST.
- Make sure you're signed in to your Seelbach's account for a faster checkout.
- Inventory doesn't adjust until a payment transaction is completed. Simply adding it to your cart doesn't guarantee a bottle. ShopPay seems to be the fastest way to checkout on our site.
- If you're purchasing on the Seelbach's app, make sure to close out and reopen right at 3 PM. The app needs to refresh product inventory and will not do so automatically.
- We've held back one case from each barrel. These bottles will go to a lottery for Seelbach's customers that have purchased 13th Colony.
We first announced the addition of 13th Colony to the site in February, and we told you some private barrels would be coming... well the time is now.
You never know when you'll stumble across a hidden gem. I've been familiar with 13th Colony for several years now. In fact, we started trading emails all the way back in 2019. They recently jumped back on my radar after the release of their Double Oaked bourbon. And, I'm glad they did! Founded in 2009, 13th Colony was ahead of the bourbon boom. They distill and source their whiskey. All barrels age at their distillery in the south Georgia heat. There's something about the heat and 72% average humidity that imparts flavor at a rapid rate.
Their core products are well received on the site, so there isn't much up-sell needed for double digit, cask strength, single barrel expressions for their bourbon and rye that are 138.64 proof and 141 proof respectively.
The nose on the rye is gorgeous. Elegant yet aged citrus and balanced baking spices, but then has a hefty honey dipped fig and apple butter sweetness. The palate punches, but is controlled given its proof. Orange and lemon citrus peel, candied spearmint, cherry cobbler, thick caramel amidst beautiful and layered slightly smoked cinnamon and peppercorn spices. The finish is long and trailing, with a huge hug as it fades.
The nose on the bourbon is smokey caramel, rum raisin, plum, cherry, baked apple pie, leather, tobacco, well aged oak and gobs of almond. It’s crazy how full the palate is, but given the proof maybe it isn’t so crazy. Huge cherry cola and almond with a heavy amount of drying oak. Burnt pie crust, leather, and dark chocolate. The finish lingers with black pepper, rich coffee, browned butter, and derby pie.
A limited quantity of both bourbon and rye single barrels will release at 3pm EST, limit 1 per person per bottle.
13th Colony Distillery 10-Year Single Barrel Bourbon Whiskey Barrel #4 138.64 proof - Selected by Seelbach's
13th Colony Distillery 11-Year Single Barrel Rye Whiskey Barrel #179 141 proof - Selected by Seelbach's