Blue Run Releases Trifecta Bourbon|
Blue Run aged stated bourbon is back! Trifecta is a blend of 9, 8 and 6-year Kentucky bourbon. We're excited for this release and expect it to be a fast sell out. Here are some more details for this release.
Blue Run Trifecta Kentucky Straight Bourbon is a small-batch whiskey that demonstrates the delicate balancing act required when blending a high-quality base whiskey with the vivid flavors and aromas from older “wood heat” whiskeys. Trifecta starts with a base of finely crafted six-year-old whiskey, which makes up less than half of the composition of the total liquid. To add additional depth and character, Blue Run Whiskey Director Shaylyn Gammon blends that with two whiskeys aged in the upper reaches of their respective rickhouses, giving them what she calls “wood heat.”
The respective mash bills are:
- 9-year-old: 78% Yellow Corn, 10% Rye, 12% Malted Barley
- 8-year-old: 75% Yellow Corn, 21% Rye, 4% Malted Barley
- 6-year-old: 78% Yellow Corn, 12% Rye, 10% Malted Barley
- Nose: Unsalted brown butter, French vanilla cream, warm dark brown sugar and cinnamon, spicy pepper, juicy hints of figs and dehydrated apples.
- Taste: Silky, cinnamon spice-dusted candied apple, baked bread, drizzled with caramel and peppermint, white chocolate. Balanced wood char lingers.
- Finish: Warm vanilla, weathered oak. Medium finish overall which works well to counterbalance the upfront heat