High Wire Distilling Barrel Pick Trip - No Hotel
This is the inaugural Bourbonr Pro barrel tasting trip. We will be selecting a barrel of High Wire Distilling Jimmy Red Bourbon. If you're unfamiliar, here's a little more about this Garden & Gun Made In The South winner. Here's the schedule for the weekend.
This is a fully immersive and educational whiskey trip. We get to experience the full cycle from grain to the bottle of Jimmy Red bourbon with the distiller. We will also explore some of the best food and drinks Charleston has to offer. There are only 10 spots available!
June 28-30 Charleston, SC
- Friday Night: A Spirit inspired dinner at The Grocery in their private dining room.
- Saturday: Wake up and have breakfast at the hotel. Travel to the Clemson farm where Jimmy Red corn is grown. We will hear the story and experience the magic of Jimmy Red first-hand.
- Lunch on the way back to the distillery. Place TBD.
- Return to the distillery to tour and start tasting. First, we'll start by taking a tour of the distillery with owner Scott Blackwell. We'll taste some of their other products. Then the barrel selection process will start. We'll be selecting a barrel of Jimmy Red bourbon. But, we'll also be tasting some of High Wire's rye and other experimental barrels.
- BBQ dinner at Lewis BBQ.
- Transportation on Saturday to the farm, distillery and returning to the hotel
- Two dinners and one lunch
- Two bottles from the Jimmy Red barrel we select with an option to purchase four more bottles at cost.
- An incredible barrel tasting experience. We are only one of three or four groups that have had the opportunity to select a barrel.